Network Support Intern
If you are excited to hone your skills by supporting business priorities, grow as a professional and have fun while doing it; our Savigent Internship program is for you! Savigent welcomes interns to our office for a 12-week internship experience. Interns are immersed into Savigent culture right away and will have specific goals to complete during the time period as well as have opportunity to pick up other responsibilities as they are able. Our internship program is designed to challenge you to further develop your business acumen, see what it’s like to work in a software company, and find out why Savigent is a Great Place to Work! Savigent is growing rapidly and this internship role will be focused on helping to establish our next generation network environment.
- Networking experience and passion for participating in design and setup of a new Wireless and Wired physical network infrastructure is the main goal of this role and the 12-week session.
- As the network affects all devices connected to the network, this role may be called upon to manage Active Directory, DNS changes, DHCP changes, server and desktop configurations, and Group Policies.
- Additionally, Interns may be called up on to provide help desk support for PCs, servers, peripherals, and software via phone, email, or in-person. Escalates work orders for other issues to the proper IT team member.
- Relevant work experience and/or pursuing an Associate or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other IT related discipline.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week with some flexibility for after hours and/or weekend work
- Networking experience and familiarity with both wired and wireless networks
- Knowledge of computer networking, specifically TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and MS Active Directory
- Knowledge of current Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 & 10, Server 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2019) is a plus.
- Exposure to cloud computing (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Knowledge of PC/laptop related hardware.
- Ability to follow directions, understand, and adhere to team procedures and company best practices.