Information Technology Support Specialist
The Information Technology Support Specialist configures, administers, and supports our servers, desktops, phones, and mobile devices, while preserving company resources and maintaining high standards of professionalism, ethics, and customer service. Savigent is a rapidly growing organization in a dynamic industry and the IT Techology Support Speciliast will be instrumental in supporting the growth by providing support to end-users of PCs, servers, peripherals, software, and telecommunications equipment.
- Provide superior customer service, take ownership of problems, bring forward solutions, drive process improvement and communication both to the customer and to the team members.
- Provide primary help desk support for servers, PCs, peripherals, and software via phone, email, or in-person.
- Install, configure, set-up, administer, patch, and support Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, Microsoft Office 365, and other software applications.
- Install, configure, and manage internal VoIP phones, update the auto attendant system and troubleshoot phone related problems.
- Provide support for the audio/video equipment in the collaboration and meeting rooms.
- Assist in the procurement of PC hardware, peripherals, and other equipment necessary for the day to day operations of the company.
- Track technology assets (computers, printers, phones, etc.), support requests, and purchase information by maintaining records of acquisition dates, warranties, physical locations, and work orders using the department’s internal tracking software.
- Maintain software inventory and assist in tracking software licensing. Review PCs and servers for proper software licensing.
- Manage multiple Active Directory instances and multiple domains to support organizational growth and development initiatives
- Engage in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often need to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
- Create and maintain comprehensive IT procedure documentation materials.
- Manage virus protection of Windows servers and clients.
- Relevant work experience and/or Associate or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other IT related discipline.
- Telecommunications and remote employee support experience, preferred.
- Current certification as an A+ Technician, Network+ Technician, and/or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, is a plus.
- Knowledge of current Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 & 10, Server 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2019) is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer networking, specifically TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and MS Active Directory
- Exposure to cloud computing (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Knowledge of PC/laptop related hardware.
- Ability to follow directions, understand, and adhere to team procedures and company best practices.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to listen and speak clearly and concisely to customers and coworkers whom have a wide range of technical comprehension.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Solid analytical skills for troubleshooting and problem-solving technical issues.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to deliver quality, on-time results.
- Must be well organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and able to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Physical ability to lift and install computer equipment and peripherals.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.