Director, Product Management
The Director, Product Management (DPM) will have responsibility for setting the long-term vision and strategy for the Savigent platform and solution offerings. The DPM will partner with the development, sales, marketing, customer success and services teams to identify market opportunities, define product solutions and incorporate new technology to deliver platform components to various channels. This will include developing and maintaining Savigent’s product roadmap. In this role the DPM will be the central hub within Savigent for all critical information regarding our products, market, competitors, customers, prospects, key industry analysts and many other constituencies.
- Analyze market opportunities, understand needs, create product vision, prioritize investments and create roadmap and strategy.
- Prepare, maintain and evangelize the roadmap of our technology platform, solutions and service offerings. Develop and maintain a compelling fact-based, business case to support our roadmap and continued investment into our products and solutions.
- Act as the “messenger of the market” from the outside-in to the rest of the organization. Be a vocal and noticeable evangelist of our technology/solutions/offerings, communicating, justifying and defending the product vision, strategies and roadmap.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from concept to retirement, including prototyping and market testing new features/products/solutions/ideas and planning for the sunset of legacy products/versions.
- Understand and document our market share and why Savigent is winning and losing in the market. Drive changes to our product, value proposition, pricing and marketing/sales processes to maximize our success and growth based on this understanding.
- Analyze various market segments and collaborate with leadership to choose the best segments and distribution channel strategies.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of our competition and develop strategies and tactics to increase our competitive advantage and reduce competitive threats.
- Define the strategies and plans for creating pre-packaged solutions and a library of reusable artifacts to increase the value of our offerings in the market and accelerate our growth.
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, including potential partner relationships for the product and solution development.
- Work directly with the CEO and the senior team to set strategies, prioritize investments and execute plans. Liaise with the finance, marketing, sales, account managers, solution architects, project managers, alliance partners, product development and customer organizations.
- Establish and maintain pricing strategies such as SaaS and Subscription pricing models.
- Participate in industry trade groups/think tanks like Smart Manufacturing (SMLC), Gartner, MESA and Industry Groups.
- Inspire client success across Savigent and be a champion for our customers and employees. Create user stories for current and future products based on market needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business, Engineering, Marketing or related field (MBA Preferred).
- 10-15 years of product management, marketing, development and/or sales experience.
- Manufacturing operations management domain experience in areas such as: Smart Manufacturing, Industry 4.0, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Enterprise Systems (SAP, Oracle…), IIoT, Big Data, Lean/Six Sigma.
- Deep understanding of the software and professional services industry, including subscription & cloud experience business model (software technology platform experience preferred).
- Experience in scaling product management from startup to medium to large sized organizations.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding, and high-growth environment.
- Experience in driving a market and customer focused approach to product management.
- Impressive presence and communication abilities. Must be a strong writer and public speaker in front of large, senior groups. Highly proficient in developing executive presentations, strategic ideas and analytics.
- Curious and comfortable holding professional conversations with our target buyers and users. Ability to clearly articulate the value our product, roadmap and upcoming features/innovations in a manner appropriate to the audience, including senior executives.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with customers, industry analysts, peers, cross-functional teams (marketing, solution architects, account executives, product development), strategic alliance partners and third parties.
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Metrics-driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information.
- Experience with best practice agile scrum development and lean principles.
- Product Management Certification and Project Management, a plus
- Minneapolis based. Willingness to travel ~30%.