Director of Sales Operations and Enablement
The Director of Sales Operations and Enablement (DSOE) is passionate about developing a world-class Sales Support function in the rapidly growing Smart Manufacturing, Digital Supply Chain, and Industry 4.0, software technology industry.
The DSOE will use a strategic and operational focus to implement and execute the best practices and standard operating procedures for execution of the sales process from “opportunity to close” resulting in new software and services business growth. The DSOE will work with cross-functional departments, serving as the champion for sales. Helping to define customer needs, shape opportunities, create winning pursuit strategies, clarify the value proposition, support deal negotiations, and develop proposals and software contracts. The DSOE will also be responsible for new lead prospecting and lead nurturing.
This hands-on role is responsible for creating sales strategies, writing proposals, executive presentations, and overseeing all sales-related activities. As the central hub within Savigent, the DSOE will actively participate in business meetings and provide insight for sales planning and forecasting initiatives. In addition, the DSOE will maintain Savigent’s CRM system. The creation and maintenance of detailed sales reports and analysis are key to this position. In time, DSOE will be responsible for hiring and building a Presales Team and Sales Center of Excellence to support and scale Savigent’s rapidly growing business.
- Serve as the main point of contact with Savigent’s sales and account teams to develop and win new opportunities, including developing pursuit strategies, creation of sales presentations, organizing demos, creating proposals, pricing of our Software (Subscription) and services, statements of work (e.g., scope, objectives, approach, resources, deliverables and costs/benefits) and RFP responses.
- Partner across the organization to encourage strong internal alignment and adherence to processes and procedures.
- Assess and ensure consistency of quality in all sales interactions. Ensure efficient and effective methods are in place to support sustainable growth in our business. Look for, identify, and implement opportunities for standardization. Regularly review and audit consistency and ensure that our processes reflect and support sales objectives.
- Manage the sales pipeline/CRM, monthly sales forecast and annual sales planning. Refine, identify, and manage key performance metrics and dashboards to provide visibility to sales leadership and organization.
- Collaborate regularly with Finance to drive data quality initiatives ensuring that all sales forecasting is current and accurate. Understand financial health and take appropriate steps to ensure that we have a high degree of fitness. Elements may include but are not limited to, pipeline (weighted and unweighted), conversion of leads to opportunities, managing to the budget, etc. Evaluate, implement, and manage all sales tools and technologies complementary to our CRM.
- Work with senior sales and marketing management on the design, development and implementation of projects and campaigns intended to develop new sales opportunities.
- Work closely with sales team to nurture new leads and develop follow-up process/strategies including cold/warm source lead follow-up and emails. Create effective call and email follow-up on marketing and sales campaigns.
- Enables CRM strategy and CRM improvement planning including usability, workflows, reporting, etc. Understand how we are measuring and defining measures of success of our business and enable the CRM system to be a tool for us.
- Own commercial contracts, NDA’s and other legal terms in collaboration with Savigent legal counsel.
- Schedule and lead Deal Review meetings with the Savigent Senior Leadership Team.
- Monitor the overall performance of our sales processes and implement improvement strategies to increase average Total Contract Value (TCV), reduce sales cycle time and improve win rates.
- As business needs dictate, hire a presales support team and build a Savigent Sales Operations Center of Excellence which will include a database of presentations, proposals, best practices and standard sales processes.
- 7+ years of experience in Sales Operations Support and a minimum of 3+ years in a leadership role with a demonstrated sales track record and quota attainment. Sales, marketing, business development, and sales experience a plus.
- Experience in the Software and professional services industry, including subscription and cloud business model (software technology platform experience preferred).
- Preferred domain experience in manufacturing in areas such as manufacturing operations management, Smart Manufacturing, Industry 4.0, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Enterprise Systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, etc.), IIoT, Big Data, Lean/Six Sigma.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information. Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Impressive presence and communication abilities. Must be a capable writer and highly proficient in developing executive presentations, proposals, strategic ideas, and analytics.
- Ability to develop and clearly articulate the value of software and services solutions to customer executives.
- Excellent people and management skills and knowledge to interact with customers, cross-functional teams (marketing, solution architects, account executives, product development, services, finance, legal), strategic alliance partners and third parties.
- Ability to effectively manage and utilize CRM tools to track sales opportunities and team performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, marketing, engineering, or related field (MBA Preferred).
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with a broad spectrum of people having varying backgrounds, education, and experience.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding, and high-growth environment.
- Understanding of commercial terms, contracting, and pricing.
- Experience with sales, services and operations best practices
- Good decision making, time management, personnel leadership skills, analytical skills and the ability to think strategically.
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, CRM
- Must have a high degree of initiative and the ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional problem solving and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment
- High level of organization, attention to detail and accuracy
- Minneapolis based preferred. Willingness to travel ~30%.